Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I know we’re past pumpkin carving season but it’s still fall and that's exactly what these muffins remind me of. We made these in my nutrition class at school and they were a hit!

(since I made them at school I don’t have pictures)

feeds 12

Ingredients:

1 cup of flour

1/2 cup of wheat flour

1/2 cup of sugar

2 tsp. of baking powder

1/2 tsp. of salt

1/2 tsp. of cinnamon

1/2 tsp. of nutmeg

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 cup of (canned) pumpkin

1/4 cup of (melted) butter

1 egg

(optional)

1/2 cup of raisin, chopped nuts or both

(if you use both put 1/4 cup of each)

Directions:

1. preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. grease bottom of muffin pan

3. mix dry & wet ingredients, excluding nuts/raisins

4. stir until everything is moist

5. fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full

6. sprinkle sugar over batter

7. bake 18-20 minutes and remove from pan immediately

8. let cool and eat!

 

swingers1920

1 comment:

  1. Since I am not the baker in the family, I will share this with Grandma... maybe she will make me some:) Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete